Saturday, May 16, 2009

May's Stylist of the Month - Elya Preston

A native of Oregon, Elya moved to California after graduating High School and soon found herself working as a dental assistant in Ukiah, CA. Though the job was rewarding with potential at becoming a career she found she "Hated it! Way to blah for me." She liked the interaction with clients that she had but it didn't fulfill her artistic needs. "I've always loved meeting and getting to know new people. So I thought, why not try Beauty School."
Elya soon found herself enrolled at Ukiah Beauty School.And she quickly "fell in LOVE with Hair!" She found it fulfilled her need to artistically create as well as allowing her to meet and develop new friendships every day.
"I feel so lucky going to work every day and actually loving and wanting to be there. This is my calling and I will do it 'til I die!"
Elya is certainly one of our Rock Stars here at Image Provocateur and we couldn't be happier that she found Dental Assisting so 'blah'!

1 comment:

deb said...

Hello fellow blogger. I left a few samples of the Original Moroccan oil for your salon two weeks ago. I was also face model/demo for Debbie Martino for a class she did back in January of 2008 at the salon. She did a Dermaquest pumpkin face peel on me. I work as a rep for Independent Salon Services out of San Jose and I am the local rep for Roseville and the 80 corridor. I look forward to working with the sylists at your salon. My blog is more personal/cooking than industry related. I love the website it looks great and that's how I got here. I also know we have some amazing products that would fit beautifully within the scope of your salon (such as Stript vegan/paraban free marine mineral makeup www.striptmakeup.com). You can learn more about the original Moroccan oil at www.moroccanoil.com. You can also contact me at 916-205-2966. Have a great day! Debby Drew