Monday, March 22, 2010

Dana Schleth: Photographer, Artist

by Arrvada

"I've always been addicted to fact. In college, I thought this addiction would lead me to a career in Business finance or economics. Well, three associate degrees and an internship proved otherwise; I loathed the confines of a desk, a computer, and paper walls. So, less than a year from graduation I decided to take a well-deserved soul-searching road trip from LA to Florida.

"I started off driving 85 mph but a speeding ticket forced me to slow down and look, not just to look, but to really see. I realized there was an entire world around me. A world I had never seen, I was so small and it had so much to teach me. Fortunately, I packed the old canon camera my grandmother had given me and three lenses that I had hardly used before. I was a little less than half way when I realized I had become fused, with the old camera from my sock drawer. "


Within three months of returning from Florida, Dana was attending Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara. She found her dream, her passion in a lens. She graduated with honors from Brooks in Southern California with a B.A. in Digital Imaging.

Last year Dana was recognized by the International Society of Photographers for some of her work. The image honored is now featured in an anthology titled Endless Journeys.

Dana is a truly talented artist, bringing her keen eye and love of beauty into any realm. From commerical to bridal from boudoir to high fashion she can capture the beauty life through the eye of her lens.

Image Provocateur is now Dana's home.

Photos Provided by Dana Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dana is an outstanding photographer and even better person. She's creative, smart, open-minded and passionate. Her work will inspire you.