Summer is all about creating that healthy, flirty, feminine appearance. It’s the time to bring out the floral dresses, strapped sandals and expose your skin to the sun. Sun kissed skin is the ideal, but with golden tans comes the potential for damage. Over exposure, dehydration, improper care, all of these things can create skin that is dull, skin that appears aged. Skin conditions change with each season; therefore it is very important to update your skin care regime as well as the type of makeup you wear.
Choosing the right skin care is the first step to having radiant skin. To avoid dehydration from sun exposure and heat, follow these essential steps:
1. Cleanse with a hydrating cleanser, something that will work well with your skins own pH. I recommned Dermaquest Daily Enzyme Cleanser (For Dry to Normal Skin types) or DermaQuest Antibacterial Enzyme Cleanser (for Oily to Acneic Skin).
2. Use a manual exfoliant to stimulate your blood flow and purge your pores. This will reduce dullness in your skin, reintroduce much needed moisture and reduce blemishes. My recommendation? The Japanese Wash Cloth of course!
3. After this cleansing wait a few minutes and moisturize your skin, making sure to moisturize your whole face, especially under your eyes, continuing down your neck. For Dry/Normal Skin Types there is nothing better than DermaQuest's Advanced B-5 Serum. If your skin is oily I would strongly recommend the Dermaquest Rejuvaderm.
4. A daily application of a sunscreen should become routine before ever leaving the house. DermaQuest's Solar Moisturizer provides perfect coverage.
5. And that final touch for luminous, healthy skin begins on the inside. Drink water, it’s a simple step, but one of the most essential to maintaining a healthy body and healthy skin.
Proper choices for your skin care products can seem like a challenge, but some basic knowledge is all you need. Choose a cleanser that will fit with your own chemical make up, check ingredients avoiding products with alcohol in them as this will only dry your skin out further. The same applies for your moisturizer. A good moisturizer is one of the most valuable investments you can make. While there seem to be hundreds to choose from the choice isn’t that difficult. Choose something that will be light on your skin with maximum hydration. A light moisturizer for day will wear well under your makeup, making the application of your foundation more even as well. Also, if it is light and penetrates your skin it won’t cause your make up to run when the heat outside goes up. A good choice for better coverage and longer stay with hydration would be to get a tinted moisturizer, but not all tinted moisturizers will do. Again read your ingredients and avoid products with excessive amounts of Titanium Dioxide in them, as this cam clog your pores and lead to breakout. Most sunscreens and foundations to contain this ingredient, so be careful to choose one with a more minimal amount.
For your evening routine, choose a heavier moisturizer, something that will restore your skin from a long day beneath the sun, facing the heat and the daily wears of those nasty free-radicals. It should be thicker, deeper penetrating so that while you sleep it will refresh, rejuvenate and revive your skin, giving you that fresh and rested skin we all crave.
With the changing season comes a need for a change in your makeup as well as your skin care.
1. Colors change each season so be sure to pick a foundation that will match your new golden tones. A foundation that wears well in the heat, that is oil free and wears even when you sweat. VIP-CAT's Oil Free Foundation is my prime choice.
2. Followed by a translucent powder to set your makeup, even out the skin tone and keep your makeup from running. VIP-CAT's Powder foundation is an excellent choice.
3. And for sure fire makeup staying power covering with a fixing spray will keep you looking like a goddess all day.
4. Water proof mascara is always the right choice, it won’t run underneath your eyes, and it makes your eyes pop.
Choosing eye shadows, lip tones, skin tones can seem daunting, but with proper education, or a personal consultation with a trained cosmetic artist will guide you in the right direction.
At Image Provocateur in Roseville you will find Cosmetic Artists, Fashion consultants, Hairstylists, nail technicians and skincare specialists that will guide you to a sexy new you, ready for the sunny days of summer and all seasons beyond.
Come see us for your personal consultation. We are located at 419 Riverside Avenue, Roseville, CA 95678. Call us at (916)474-5578 to schedule your appointment today.